2/18/09

Blood And Tears

How do I let you know I'm hurt?
How do I put into words
That when I walk I leave a trail of blood
At night I hold my face and weep
I've lost before but never have I lost my hope
I've cried before
But in the past it's healed me
This gaping wound will never close
I reach out to touch the one that's always been beside me
And all I touch is empty space
More blood drips from the hole in my chest
More tears well up from God knows where
I once thought that I was strong enough to handle anything
How do I tell you how wrong I was?
I whisper it into the wind
And borne up on the breeze maybe my words will reach you
I'm still waiting for yours to reach me
Your words of comfort that my deaf ears refuse to hear
I'll keep crawling on through this unjust life
I'll keep leaving this trail of blood and tears for you
I'll keep shedding my love like a child's forgotten plaything
Just don't forget how much you meant to me

No comments: